Pursuant to current legislation on Personal Data Protection (EU Regulation no. 679/2016), we hereby inform you that the processing of your personal data is conducted properly and transparently, solely for legal purposes whilst safeguarding your confidentiality and rights.
Processing is also carried out with the help of electronic instruments for the following purposes:
1. To acquire and confirm your booking for accommodation and ancillary services, as well as to provide the services requested. Since such processing is necessary for the definition of the contractual agreement and for its subsequent implementation, your consent is not required, except whereby special and so-called sensitive data is provided. In the event of refusal to provide personal data, we will not be able to confirm your reservation nor provide you with the requested services. Processing shall cease upon your departure but some of your personal data may or must continue to be processed for the purposes and in the manner specified in the following points;
2. To fulfil the obligation established in the “Consolidated Text on Public Safety Laws” (Article 109 of Royal Decree no. 773 dated 18.06.1931) which requires us to communicate to the Police Headquarters, for public safety purposes, the general details of staying guests in the manner established by the Ministry of the Interior (Decree of 7th January 2013). The provision of the data is mandatory and does not require your consent. Indeed, any refusal to provide such will result in us not being able to accommodate you in our establishment. The data collected for such purposes is not stored by us, unless you provide consent for us to do so, with the retention being as outlined under Point 4;
3. To comply with current administrative, accounting and taxation obligations. For such purposes, processing is conducted without the need to acquire your consent. The data is processed by us and by persons so appointed, communicated externally only in compliance with legal obligations. Any refusal to provide the necessary data for the aforementioned obligations shall result in us being unable to provide you with the requested services. The data acquired for such purposes is retained by us for the time envisaged under the respective regulations (10 years or more in case of taxation audits);
4. To speed up the registration process in the event of subsequent stays at our establishment. To this end, following the acquisition of your consent (which is revocable at any time), your data will be retained for a maximum period of 2 years from the date of your last stay, for the purposes referred to in the above points upon any repeat visits;
5. To perform the function of receiving messages and telephone calls addressed to you during your stay. For this purpose, your consent is required. You may withdraw your consent at any time. Processing will nevertheless cease upon your departure;
6. To send you promotional messages and updates regarding our rates and offers. For this purpose, upon the acquisition of your consent, your data shall be retained for a maximum period of 2 years and will not be disclosed to third parties. You may withdraw your consent at any time;
7. For the purpose of protecting people, property and corporate assets through a video surveillance system in certain areas of the hotel, which can be identified by the presence of specific signs. Your consent is not required for such processing, since it pursues our legitimate interest in protecting persons and property with respect to any possible assault, theft, robbery, damage or acts of vandalism, as well as for fire prevention and workplace security purposes. The recorded images will be erased after 24 hours, except for weekends, public holidays or other cases when the business is closed, and in any case after no more than one week. Such shall not be communicated to third parties, except upon a specific investigative request of the judicial authorities or police, which must be respected.
We also wish to inform you that the European Regulation grants you certain rights, including the right of access, rectification, erasure, limitation or opposition to processing, in addition to the right to data portability, if and as applicable (Articles 15—22 of EU Regulation no. 679/2016). You may also lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority, in accordance with the procedures set out under current legislation.
For any further information, and to assert the rights granted to you by the European Regulation, please contact:
Residence Vampolieri Srl
Telephone: +39 095-7116111